– The overactive bladder (OAB) treatment market is expected to register a CAGR of 2.9% during the forecast period. The increasing incidence of diseases, such as Parkinson’s disease, which lead to the overactive bladder disorder and rising geriatric population are primary drivers of the global market.
– In 2017, there were approximately 950 million people who were 60 years old or above, comprising 13% of the global population, and is growing by about 3% every year. Urinary incontinence generally increases with aging. OAB has a major negative impact on quality of life and health of the aged population.
– With the increasing burden of OAB, along with other urinary diseases, the growth of the overactive bladder treatment market is likely to be high. Other factors, such as the development of innovative intravesical therapies and aggressive marketing by pharmaceuticals companies, are also expected to expand the market.
Scope of the Report
The overactive bladder treatments include various therapies, like, anticholinergics, mirabegron, etc., that are used to treat the sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle in the urinary bladder wall, leading to urinary urgency, frequency, nocturia, and urge incontinence.
Key Market Trends
Idiopathic Overactive Bladder Treatment is Expected to Have the Largest Share
Segmented by disease type, the idiopathic overactive bladder treatment accounted for a major share of the market, in 2017, which can be attributed to its high prevalence. Due to the bladder muscle weakness post pregnancy and menopause, women are more vulnerable to the condition. This is expected to encourage key companies to invest in this segment. Increasing competition among the market players may lead to a decrease in the overall cost of treatment, during the forecast period.
North America is Expected to Dominate the Overactive Bladder Treatment Market
North America is expected to lead the overactive bladder treatment market. This can be credited to its well-established healthcare industry. With reimbursement of overactive bladder treatment, the growing prevalence of the disease with rising age, and the presence of major players, the market is expected to grow during the forecast period. Due to the increasing prevalence of bladder over-activity, geriatric population, healthcare expenditure, and awareness about overactive bladder treatments, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The overactive bladder treatment market is moderately fragmented with global pharmaceutical companies controlling significant market share, moreover, the generic space of the market is observing a trend of consolidation and high competition. Major market players include Allergan PLC, Astellas Pharma Inc., Cogentix Medical Inc., Endo International PLC, Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic PLC, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, and Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– Report customization as per the client’s requirements
– 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Aging Population and Increasing Prevalence of Diseases Causing Overactive Bladder
4.2.2 Increasing Trend of Drug Development for Overactive Bladder Treatment
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Side Effects of Current Treatments
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Therapy
5.1.4 Intravesical Instillation
5.1.5 Other Therapies
5.2 By Disease Type
5.2.1 Idiopathic Overactive Bladder
5.2.2 Neurogenic Overactive Bladder
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
5.3.5 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Allergan PLC
6.1.2 Astellas Pharma Inc.
6.1.3 Cogentix Medical Inc.
6.1.4 Endo International PLC
6.1.5 Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. Inc.
6.1.6 Johnson & Johnson
6.1.7 Medtronic PLC
6.1.8 Pfizer Inc.
6.1.10 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
6.1.11 Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
By Disease Type
Idiopathic Overactive Bladder
Neurogenic Overactive Bladder
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
Rest of South America